Neither John or I are big fans of Halloween. Now, don't get me wrong, I love seeing happy kids in their cute costumes -- I'm not a monster -- but the simple truth is that I'm just not terribly in to the whole thing. This year, too, we're back in an apartment with a secured door, so I don't expect any trick or treaters at my door. Some of you fans of Halloween may wonder, what does someone like me do on Halloween? Well, I'll tell you what I'll be doing tomorrow:
- I will be going to the grocery store -- we are out of milk.
- I will do my best to avoid buying super-discounted candy... but no promises.
- I will shake my head at the Christmas displays.
- I will probably stay in after dark because I am afraid -- afraid of hitting children in dark costumes with all the situational awareness of a drunk squirrel.
- I will NOT be watching any scary movies. I don't like scary movies because, usually, the scariest parts of a horror movie are (a) the acting, and (b) the plot holes.
- I will probably do laundry. The amount of laundry I have to do IS scary!
- I will write a post. Or, better yet, just post pictures of all of your cute kids in their costumes. Please come by the Facebook Page and provide photos of your littles so that they may bask in the fame of a blog with a growing readership (which is code for not all that many readers yet).
That's how I expect my Halloween will go, what do you expect for yours?